As we all know, marketing our business to potential customers is a necessary part of having a successful business.
The issue with traditional advertising, such as newspaper, radio, and television ads, is that they can be expensive and may produce little or even no return on investment. It's very hard to measure.
Advertising online may be a better option. You can track the effectiveness of each advertisement. Then, you can focus your marketing strategies on the techniques that are the most profitable.
But what if you don't have the budget to invest in pay-per-click or other types of paid advertising?
There are options for advertising that don’t cost you any money at all! Check them out!
1. Partner up with another expert in your field or consider joining forces with another brand. You can then offer a more substantial product/service together than either one of you could offer alone.
● In addition, you’ll automatically get the attention of both audiences, resulting in more sales and adding more leads to your email list. In the future, these new leads can drive more sales of another one of your products.
● Partnering on even one marketing campaign can bring long-term benefits to both of you.
2. Encourage user-generated content. If you can acquire user-generated content, your website will grow without you having to create your own content. This type of content also increases your website visitors. Enable comments on your website and contribute to the discussions.
● Allow visitors to submit their own articles and encourage guest posts from other experts.
● Post contest winners or share social.
● Enable comments on your website and contribute to the discussions.
3. Utilize affiliate marketing. When you create an affiliate program for your business, you will be getting other experts in your field and the public to send business your way. This can be mutually beneficial, and you will only be paying commissions (after the sale) if the affiliate makes a sale.
● As with the partnering technique, many of these new visitors will sign up for your email list, even if they don’t buy something right away, bringing you long-term benefits and sales.
4. Be active on social media. There are millions of users visiting the various social media platforms daily, so it makes sense for your business to have a presence there. Activity="Google Juice"
● Share funny or interesting images or videos that are relevant to your business.
● Post insights and valuable information.
● Let your audience know when you have a sale on your products. Give your social media followers coupons or discounts.
● Encourage engagement by participating in discussions. Ask and answer questions.
● Run a survey, poll, or contest.
● In turn, these will be shared by your followers, increasing your reach and ultimately resulting in more sales of your products or services.
5. Use free online tools. There are plenty of tools online that can help your business. You can sign up for websites that will enable you to create free surveys, or you can use free online services to send promo emails to your customers. With AI available now, there are more than you can imagine!
● Create some interesting imagery with MidJourney/Discord.
● Use filters and software such as Canva to help create professional looking posts.
● Make a branded Pinterest board of great info others could use and promote on social.
● Don't be afraid to have fun, the world is just a little too serious these days!
6. Change and reuse old advertisements. Rather than going through the expensive route of creating new articles with every marketing campaign, try reusing parts of an advertisement that worked well. This will save you time and expense.
● Plus, keeping consistent brand imagery through every ad will help with brand recognition.
● Use old visuals but create a new message.
● Reuse art as a before and after or throwback post.
7. Build an email list. If people are visiting your website, chances are good that they are interested in what you have to offer. Make a form available for them to join your email list and be kept in the loop about future product releases or special offers.
● Once they’ve signed up to this email list, you can send emails to these prospects with news and further information about your products. Let them know whenever something goes on sale.
● Email marketing is one of the best ways to drive sales. Treat your list members like gold, because that’s what they are to you and your business.
8. Google loves video content. Video content is incredibly important nowadays as the younger generation would rather watch a video than read a blog post or scroll your site. Create interesting videos and you’ll create interest in your brand. Be real, not fancy. Be helpful or fun, not "salesy."
● TikTok if that is where your demographic lives. Otherwise, do IG reels or just get video in your feed on LI or FB.
● Capture video testimonials from your clients. Easy to do and gets lots of hits.
● Take a tour of your office on video or events you participate in. People love to see another's "life."
● Do video of reveals or tell a story.
● Interview your clients on video - lift others up to be seen.
9. Get involved with a charity you love.
● Donate time and services in lieu of money.
● Serve on the board of directors.
● Promote the organization through public speaking engagements and include them in your advertising and social posts. Not only will the charity love you, other people will love and respect your effort.
10. Blog, blog, and blog some more!
● At least once a month. Google loves it some content on your site, make sure you are constantly supplying it so you maximize your reach. Pair it with social posts to push people to the site to read.
Saving money is easy. This is only a snippet of all you can do. Follow NLC for more great ideas!
Would you like a partner to work with you on your marketing and branding?
Give us a call for a FREE brand audit! We'd love to help!
©Neon Lizard Creative 2023 | Rebecca Rausch | neonlizardcreative.com | 952.452.0168
If you would like to guest post on NLC's blog, let us know! We'd love to share your knowledge with our business community.